Monday 7 July 2014

Fun with dyeing!

I left the materials in dye baths overnight in a warm room.

I've used one set of primary colours to dye this collection of fabric and thread.
The colour mixes and patterns turned out beautifully
I never worry about some white areas as they can provide effective contrast and help to show the lovely visual texture created where dye rests on the creases in the fabric.





I've also been doing a little more to the recent leaf stencils.
I've flattened the background with free motion quilting and added colour after quilting in the form of fabric paint.


For the cushions I'm planning on using decorative machine stitching in a bold, heavy thread to add interest to the visible edge of the envelope backs.


Here's Christine who has recently opened 'Au Fil du Temps' in Rue du Barri, Tarascon and is offering a dressmaking and repair service as well as making pretty stitched items for the home.
Bienvenu Christine!

And welcome too to Le Tour!
We'll be taking part in the excitement and giving our support on 22nd July for the Carcassonne to Bagneres de Luchon stage.
Bon courage a tous!

No comments:

Post a Comment